Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas 2010

Wow I can't believe the holidays have come and gone already!  So much preparation, shopping and build and up and then boom... done!  Well we did have fun this year at Christmas.  We started off by going to Dad's house for Christmas Eve, he and Eleanor made a nice dinner- Turkey, Ham, potatoes, Sansoucie stuffing and butternut squash.  Everyone in the family came... except Crystal and Jon but don't worry they were present by Web Cam!  Shane and Leah's family left early and our family and Scott's family continued on with  Pie making.  Then Ron started a fire in the fireplace and we chilled out for the rest of the night.. roasting marshmallows and relaxing.  It was nice hanging out at Dad's on Christmas Eve, haven't done that for a long time.


Christmas morning was fun as well, Madison and Serena got up initially at 2:45am... they didn't wake us up until 4am how nice of them ;)  I told them it was way to early to get up and they decided to go back to bed on the couches in the living room.  We all got up around 8am and had breakfast first.
Christmas morning

Breakfast from Mrs. Claus        
After Breakfast we opened stockings and then Ron passed out the gifts.
Our traditional picture of the girls with the tree/presents

The beginning of the present passing

Serena

Madison     
After all the presents are passed out I usually take one more picture before they open... it's torture I know.  They are good sports about it though.
This year Madison mostly got clothes, Serena got clothes too and some zoobles were her big "want"  this year.  Madison really wanted an I-pod, she ended up with an Adroid Tablet she was happy with that.   Serena got the U-draw for WII and a few other toys she wanted.
The day was good :)
Mrs. Claus also set up a Hot Chocolate Station down stairs for after it was the perfect ending complete with flavored marshmallows and mini mugs... so cute!

I can't end before talking about  my favorite gift from Serena, she gave me some gift certificates to "Serena's Spa"  I'll have to scan it in later so I can "save it forever" and post here.   She put a sign on her bedroom door that read "Serena's Spa, where the service is always great"  It was so cute!  So far I have had a my first service, a foot rub! My favorite.  I have 3 or 4 visits left and was just informed now that they expire soon!  Yikes!  I'll be getting a new GC in the mail Feb 1st but I don't want to lose out on the ones I still have, I need to get to the spa soon, I still have a back rub and a manicure left! 

No comments:

Post a Comment